Reminding you that with a single click you can:
- feed the hungry
- provide a free mammogram
- give food and care to a shelter animal
- provide a homeless veteran with a meal
- help a child with autism get therapy
- fund alzheimer’s research
- fund disabetes research
- provide books for children
- protect wildlife habitat
It’s completely free.
This is an important event in history, especially Canadian and feminist history. So I’m going to tell you more about it.
1) The shooter had been rejected from Ecole Polytechnique prior to the shooting. He blamed this on these female students, claiming that they were feminists who ruined his life.
2) In the first classroom he entered, he demanded the men leave before shooting at the women. No man attempted to stop him as they left. Take that as you will. (Later on, several men did get injured trying to stop him in the hallways.)
3) In his suicide letter, he believed that feminists were attempting to be more powerful than men, and were trying to take men’s rights away.
4) Feminists were actually blamed by some for the massacre. The line of logic was “if feminists didn’t make women’s rights an issue, Levine wouldn’t have wanted to kill feminists!” Victim blaming at its finest.
5) The mainstream news media often did not publicize the outrage from women’s groups, and often preferred those who took a calm approach. Ironic, that.
6) Despite him literally having a hit list of feminist icons in his final letter, several newscasters questioned whether or not the shooting was a sexist act, some even denying the idea outright.
8) Many memorials for the victims have been created, and rightly so; however, some prominent ones were erected in poor neighbourhoods where many Native women were killed every day in the same time period as the shooting (see: Marker of Change, Vancouver) (see: Missing Women, Vancouver). Basically, white feminism happened.
The entire event was nothing short of a tragedy, and I recommend that everyone read up on it and the resulting aftermath. It’s… interesting to see how the media tried to turn it into a random act of psychopathy instead of what it was (we know better now, luckily). The reactions (memorials, etc) to the deaths of these 14 White, middle class women as compared to the deaths of 60+ Native, lower class women are also “interesting” to compare. (By interesting, I mean infuriating.)
this is hugely important
So far, I have been enjoying the Adventures of Business Cat a great deal, possibly more than is appropriate for an adult human. (All of these are from the webcomic Happy Jar)
UPDATE: Now with more Business.
YES ALL THE BUSINESS CAT STRIPS IN ONE PLACE
This is very important if you’re ever in a situation similar this pretend that you’re dead don’t scream and @#!*%
my dad told us this if someone shoots up our school
PLEASE REMEMBER THIS
not even a joke we learned this in Police Explorers and put it on your clothing as well but go quickly because you don’t know where the person is.
i will never not reblog this
SCRUB DUB DUB GOAT IN A TUB
How can you not reblog a soapy baby goat
Goats make me laugh because when they make goat noises their tongue goes out.
what do you guys think he is saying?
I think MEEEHHHH
I MEAN IN GOAT LANGUAGE. WHAT DOES MEEEHHHH TRANSLATE TO?
In this situation is means STOP WASHING MY BUTT!!
Can somebody recommend something to me to get into? Preferrably anime or something with a decent fandom v o v
Please don’t say
- Kill la Kill
- Doctor Who
- Night Vale
Please and thank you it would mean a lot oops
maybe Neon Genesis Evangelion? its kinda made for a certain type of person but idk, i enjoyed it
The three stages of doing homework
Oh, shit. She spotted you.